You have probably been told you are a good speaker. Some audience members can be kind in that way. Those nice compliments can come when you are funny, entertaining, or emotional but that is just “good speaking.”
The GREAT speakers do more than this. They are the money-making and results getting influencers that can inspire action in every audience.
GREAT Speakers are:
- Commanding…Instructive versus inquisitive. Not “will you write this down?” But rather “write this down.”
- Influential and credible…They share 3rd party social proof.
- Purposeful with their presentations…There is an order, a method, and a process.
- Self-aware of how they are presenting…They know how they are “showing up.”
- Audience aware…They know how they are being received.
- Appropriately interactive…They know how to involve the audience without losing control.
- Using visual aids and props to create experiences…They know how to make complex things simple and memorable with whiteboards, flip charts, power point, books, handouts, and even fire coals to name a few.
- Confident in their “calls to action” …They have a special offer that has a high perception of value. The action can be simple such as going to a website to click on something, schedule a time talk, or fill out a form.
Are you focused on inspiring an audience or are you focused on inspiring action in every individual in that audience? There is a difference and the latter are where you find true success! In the beginning you might get up and share a message you can be proud of that people will enjoy. As time goes on that will not be enough to create or sustain success.
If you want to be a result getting and money-making speaker you must be GREAT!
To see the full edition, go to this link:
David T. Fagan
The “Icon Builder”, Former CEO of Guerrilla Marketing, Founder/CEO of Icon Builder Media
David can help you become a best selling, world-changing, money-making icon in your industry through publishing, publicity and presentations.